We only wish we had some corned beef, cabbage, black-eyed peas and cornbread......I don't even like corned beef but I would eat it!
We still can't upload pictures .... does anyone know if you can only load a certain amount of pictures? I know I have seen tons on other blogs so I don't think so. BJ, if you could ask the blog site people if possible, why there is a triangle with a big exclamation point with gray lines around it when we try to upload. We don't remember this being there before. Does this mean something? We are already on the new version of the blog site so we don't think that is the problem. Oh Well.
We were supposed to go shopping with Masha today for some electric tea pots and a "pee pot" for Nick but she had to go to school because the town has cleaning days now on Thursdays and Saturdays. All businesses, schools, organizations, etc. are responsible for cleaning their roads and sidewalks of winter dirt/ice/etc. She would rather be shopping I am sure but the whole town cleans on these days. Kind of a cool idea and the roads and sidewalks need alot of help. We feel we have done our part by cleaning them with our bottoms. Ha!
Nurik was in a pretty serious mood today. We are very anxious to get him to the apartment so he will not hate coming to see us so much. He did play with his blocks more and looked at some pictures. He is so funny when he points to things in the pictures and realizes that they are also in the room......his hippo, the desk, the couch. He is very observant. He also really is intrigued by our picture of the Jason and Michelle S. and Dasha. Maybe he knows that Wyatt is also from Kaz and that he will get to know him real soon. He always wants me to name them all over and over again. Very Cute. He also watched videos of himself on our camera today. He was sitting on his "bowl" and just intently watching the show. He would see himself and papa and look up at Pat and grin. We also were assured that he is ok with us even though he doesn't like the green room (the room we meet with him) because he watched us leave today and kept turning around and blowing us kisses and smiling. That gave us reassurances that we aren't going backwards with these every other day visits. I think he is just ready to get on with life....just take me or quit coming to that horrid room to play! ;)
We got a whole roasted chicken from the little shack across the street last night. We hadn't been brave enough before then but were desperate for some white meat. It was a small chicken but it tasted good.....I just couldn't think about the sanitation issues....eek! My job has ruined me for being adventurous with food.
Tomorrow will be a long Sunday but then our last visit on Monday!!! Yippee! We will take all new clothes and underwear for him to be dressed in on Wednesday. Dr. Roza will go to court on Wednesday to accept the final decision and then we can come pick him up! So Exciting! We are so ready for some quality time with our boy. At this point, even crying and fussing will be excitement for us that we could use.
I think last night was Circle of Hope night at church and I just wanted to say hi to all the girls. I can't wait for you all to meet Nick and play with all of your kids! I hope everyone is doing well...someone give me a circle update! I have seen some adorable kids here if anyone is looking to adopt! Love you guys!
Well, that is all we have for now. Everyone have a great weekend. Ha Ha for Duke......Sorry, Terry! Bye for now. Love to all! K-Pat
Saturday, March 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
Happy St. Patricks Day to you guys from us transplanted Irish in Toronto!
Can feel your excitement from your post about getting to bring your little man home to your apt., I remember that feeling - enough visiting, enough saying goodbye, it's time!!! I was surprised at how emotional I was when our son left the BH (more just this was what we had worked for for so long and now it was HERE!!) Thanks for the chuckles on your falls and attempts to speak Russian, I remember being in the supermarket in Almaty looking for Pampers, I asked for baby diapers in I thought reasonably good Russian, the young lad in the shop helping me took off at a gallop and I thought great, he knows what I want, only for him to bring me back depends........adult diapers for ME!!! I thought we would be banned from the shop because my husband and I were in hysterics laughing (mostly my husband laughing at me!!!)
Thanks again for the chuckles, we too quickly discovered in Kazland our sense of humour was invaluable (actually being a clutz it is a good tool for me for all of my life!!)
Cheerio
The Keogh Clan in Toronto
Pat and Karen,
so sorry I've been out of touch. (I have been praying!) Our computer was down a couple of weeks. Then I couldn't get caught up on your news. Received email from Suzy, so writing anyway. I'm so happy for you both. So exciting, so unreal. Can't seem to get my mind around it all. Love the pics. Too bad for the troubles with that.
We're doing great! Yesterday took field trip to Charleston to see USS Yorktown and submarine. Great trip. God blessed in many ways. THe Blue Bell trucks were there giving away homemade vanilla. mmmmm
It's been a hard week for Ben. Funeral today and deacon very sick in hospital.
God bless you,
cathy bush
Happy St Patrick's Day!! It must be exciting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can imagine the the emotions will be tremendous when Nurik leaves the orphanage for the final time. What an adventure he is going to have!! I am not a March Madness fan, but I do know Wisconsin barely won on Friday. That is the only update I can share. Northern WI is back to snow, but it is light and won't last long (I hope). Mom & Dad are getting ready for their next trip (3rd since the new year) and will be going to Kentucky, I think, next week for golfing with friends. Have fun preparing for your new roomie! All our love and prayers!
Happy St. Pats Day. Can't wait until Nick is old enough to appreciate his father's early sainthood in WI.
It is cold & snowy in NY, which I love but know that the parade folks were probably hoping for warmer weather. (I still boycott the event due to the parade organizers not letting everyone march.)
Am in Milw tomorrow and will stay with Kristen & her family again. This time for 2 nights, as I need to be in Minneapolis on Wed (Nick's big move) and don't want to fly back to NY for just one night. Kristen is doing well, and it is nice to reconnect.
At the theatre tonight - Talk Radio with Liev Scriber - which should be fun. You would have laughed at the Philharmonic on Thursday. My Phil partner and I thought that we were in for Bach & Schumann program when they snuck in some Romanian avant-guarde piece that lasted 22 min. I thought he was some contemporary of Bach's . . . next time when we don't recognize a name, we are reading the program more fully as I have no problem stepping out for a bit and enjoying a glass of wine.
Will light a candle tonight at church. (Love the sat night mass.) I have actually been able to keep Lent - no caffine and a bible study - so far. The bible study is very interesting and near talmudic. Three weeks of studying just Jacob's & Esau's reunion. We are using a translation of the Jewish scriptures and came accross a word our teacher did not know. She asked if anyone knew a rabbi and I said that I have got it covered. Will be good to catch up with Saul & Shifra.
OK . . . am getting to Erin's length here. :)
Love,
Tracey
(Carol really)
I just caught up with a week's worth of your blog's all at once. If you do it that way, the time seems to be flying by! I cannot begin to fathom what that weather feels like, and hope I never have the experience - although the payoff for you is pretty cool.
I'm working around the clock now so I can take off a couple weeks to go to Israel for Passover. It hardly seems like vacation when you have to double up work before you leave and for a couple weeks on return. I remember your father used to complain that it didn't pay to go on vacation for that reason. I still think it pays, but am seriously considering retirement at this point.
Saul and Shifra are also doint the potty thing with Akiva - without a lot of luck so far. His pre-school teacher is real hard core about it - just took away the diapers and insists he use a regular toilet, so he's wet and miserable alot. Saul broke down and got him his own little potty last week because he felt like he was torturing the kid. I hope that is working better - I haven't been able to connect since last Sunday. I am also hoping the task will be pretty much complete by the time I get there - they like to leave the tough ones for me to do.
It will be so interesting for you to have Nurik in your apt there - I am really looking forward to hearing about his response. I will be thinking of you and praying that all goes well.
Love to all of you, Carol
It was so good to talk with ya'll last night (Saturday). Can you believe that today(Monday for you Sunday night for us)is your FINAL visit with Nick? I'm so excited for ya'll. I hope these next couple of days go by quickly. They should fly by once you get Nick with ya'll.
BJ didn't get a chance to check on the blog stuff. Sorry! He will do that on Monday. He'll let you know as soon as he can find something out.
Mom and Dad talked with Aunt Wanda this evening. She was glad to hear from them to find out what was going on since Susan has been busy.
I look forward to hearing about your last visit today with Nick. I'm praying that all goes well. Hang in there! I know you all are anxious to get on with the process.
Give Nick hugs and kisses from us.
Love,
Kelly & family
Post a Comment