Thanks for all the encouraging words. We need them so much. God must have opened the internet cafe for our church service experience as your words really helped me.
Nicholas continues to be an amazing little boy. He is learning things so fast. He says night, night...hi...hello...man(we are trying to teach him the difference between men and Papa same with mama)...open...up...and we now understand a few of his kazak words like Nan for bread.
Girls, I have hit the jackpot with my boys. Pat likes to cook and Nick like to clean the toilet (with a brush) and he does it right and loves to help put the plates away and wash them. They do "chores" at the orphanage so he has learned to be quite the helper.....I am just going to sit around and eat bon bons! No, actually, I would like one of those huge turkey legs from the state fair. I really could eat a cow...all cuts right now.
We took him to the Kazak festival and he was so wide-eyed and curious. He just kept looking up at us smiling. Whenever we would pass the kazak singers, we could feel his fingers wiggling beneath his mittens and his head was a bobbing even under the hat and scarf. too cute!
He is mister kissing monster now. He loves to kiss our faces all of the time.....especially, when he is supposed to be going to sleep! How can you be firm with that! If Pat or I kiss or hug, he runs over to us to join in...again, sooo cute.
He is very keen on going outside and we are not because this usually creates big battles when we head back inside. But, today we went to the park and he walked around and started a little training with the stroller to get ready for the airport and carseat. He did great and it is a joy to see him experience everything! He may have started understanding that we will go outside everyday because he didn't give us a fit today. We may try a restaurant soon but that is still a bit intimidating to us....wish they had take out here.
Well, I should get back home to see if my little one is up from his nap. Thanks again for the encouragement, we are needing an extra dose right now. I have a pretty bad sinus infection that is not helping so please pray that I will get better soon. I have some antibiotics so I will take them soon if needed. Love you guys so much. Can't wait to get home! Karen, Pat, and Nurik
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Great stories! How exciting for Nicholas with all these new experiences (and for you two, too)! I remember this time last year, we had the same problem with Emma- anytime we came back in from playing outside it was SOOOO much drama! She would throw herself on the floor into a full tantrum. But it resolved very quickly, thankfully; and it sounds like Nicholas is already getting the hang of it. And I am so impressed at how well he is doing with his words- smart boy!
Hey Pat and Karen!
I love the stories and am so glad that Nurik is so affectionate and so good with this huge change! What a little trooper:) I wish I could be there with you seeing his wide eyes at the festival and his head bopping:)
Hang in there! I know that it feels like you have been there FOREVER, but you are coming to the end. When will you ever get time again where you both are free to concentrate on Nurik and not worry about work or other stressors? Enjoy this time with him and time to explore your parenting skills:) Maybe God is giving you a gift instead of a challenge?
I hope that your sinus infection improves quickly, Karen. I will say a little prayer for you when I sign off. I have been sick too with a sinus infection that has gone to my lungs. I saw the MD on Thurs and the meds she gave me actually made me worse! Yuck! I will try to see my regular MD tomorrow since now I am incompacitated, ornery and won't be able to work (Just a joy to be around-ha, ha).
Not much is new here. I was able to get up from the bed long enough to see Mom and Dad when they drove through town yesterday. They look awesome and tanned:) They were very ready to get home, but not to unpack their full van:)
Brian and I went camera shopping since I broke ours when I landed on it skiing-oops. We got a digital camera and are now in the same era as everyone else. Brian is very excited about it and has been playing with it. He has been taking pictures of me and the cat this weekend. I am not feeling like I am looking very beautiful, but he is having fun shooting away:)
Grandma Norma e-mailed me and wanted you to know that "I just finiched reading Karen's latest blog, which I had been anxiously awaiting. My eyes are so full of "happy" tears, that I can hardly type this note! Please tell them both how wonderful I think they are doing. Pat and Karen are both going to be great parents. I am making this short because of my "happy" tears...Love, Norma"
I hope your week goes well and I look forward to hearing about it. I love you both and Nurik too:)
Love Auntie Erin
All I can say is "hang in there...it's almost over". It seems like forever to me and I have been following it from the comfort of my own bedroom with my morning coffee. I can't imagine what it must be like to be so far from home and being a new parent at the same time. I love the stories and it seems that Nick is adapting to all the changes well. Hope the sleeping goes well. that was one of our biggest parenting challenges (especially with Hannah Beth). We can't wait to meet him when you guys get home. Everyone here is fine and Uncle Jub is elated at the recent news that Tubby is leaving Kentucky. It is arousing mixed feelings with others at best. It was 83 degrees here today and I am hoping that you will be greeted by Spring when you arrive.
auntie erin, says it now doesn't she? time to enjoy Nurik without time pressing stressors. Karen, I pray you are feeling well soon. Nurik-what a joy! Love the kissy monster. The world through a child's eyes. What joy! Wonderful! God bless you and God speed with the paper work.
love ya,
cathy bush
Post a Comment