Monday, March 19, 2007


These are the mandatory tights.....Pat says he looks like a big grape or I would say a mini Barney! They actually go up to his arm pits.....the ones we bought will hopefully fit better!


I want to see if I can put the entire apple in my mouth!
Well, we got two pictures on today before it quit so we are thankful. We are done! No more green room. We got to take a few more pictures of the orphanage today so we will try and get those on sometime. Nurik was maybe tired today and was pretty happy until about 30-45 minutes before time to leave. Little bit of crying and hitting but today he let Pat calm him down which was great! We really aren't too worried about things at the apartment. If he cries and is scared, it will be Ok.....because at least we will not have to say good-bye and leave him in a sad mood. We can just all get thru it together.
We are having all of our sheets and blankets cleaned for his arrival so we are taking this chance to have our splurge night on the town. Dzez does not have many hotels but they do have one nice one with an english menu so we are staying all night there. We are so excited to get a shower. Our shower broke the first day we were here so we have been doing the bath thing which neither of us likes very much. We will try to use their internet also to see if we can send some more pictures. We are looking forward to a good meal also .....hopefully....even if it is just potatoes for me, at least they will be hot.
Masha will go shopping with us tomorrow for last minute gifts and stuff for Nurik. We have about 4 outfits and a new coat and shoes. Still need to get the potty, and mittens and hat. It has warmed up here but not much. We now have huge lakes of water and mud and you must run from the trucks and cars unless you want a shower! One good thing about winter for the Dzez people is that the roads look alot better with the snow.....you could get lost in the pot holes....and I lost a foot and most my ankle yesterday in one....brrrrr cold!
Well, we won't talk too long so our pictures will not disappear. We will try again to post tonight from our Luxury Suite...Ha! Thanks for all the comments! Love, K-Pat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time in luxury! It is amazing how we take the little things for granted until they are gone! Who would have thought a shower was such a big deal? We really are blessed when we stop and think of how many people in the world don't have what we take for granted. They would be grateful for a roof over their heads and food. Paul laughs at me because "I want to save the world" but I truly want to share what I have been blessed with. Having children really opens your eyes to what is truly important. It is not what we used to think. Enough heavy stuff!!!
March madness update from my small basketball knowledge is that #2 Wisconsin lost to #7 UNLV on Sunday. I don't know any more than that.
We got snow again, but it is expected to melt within a day or so. It is supposed to get into the 50 degree range this week, so we will be in shorts. (Not quite, but we are getting tempted)
Hope your shopping goes well. Language can be a huge barrier! All our love!

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping that you all have had a good night's rest in your luxury room. We have just come in from Lyndsay's open house at school. They had a little program and then to the classroom to see some of the things they have been doing. Lyndsay did a great job singing. They sang Bear Necessities and Supercalifrag.... They ended it by singing Happy Trails To You. It was very cute!

BJ tried to find info on the Blog site for you but was unsuccessful. Sorry! If Uncle John reads this he can maybe help. We did get the mileage for Flat Stanley. The total est. distant is 867.82 miles or 13 hours and 16 mins from our house to yours.

I'm so anxious for you all to get Nick tomorrow. I can't imagine all the emotions you must be feeling. You know me, my mind is going 90 to nothing thinking about how it all will go.

I can't wait to hear all the details and hopefully, we'll get to see some more pictures. I know I have to start weaning myself from the blog. HA!
Love your anxiously waiting sister,
Kelly & Family