Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Just a PS note

We forgot to remind everyone that the 22nd is another national holiday so even if we could post, the internet cafe will most likely be closed again until Monday. So, We should have lots of new info for you all then. Please keep the comments coming so we get a bunch on Monday! We had our shopping excursion with Masha and bought our teapots and "pee-pot" along with some mittens and a scarf. We also have discovered Kazakh Candy. Very different and very good. Luckily, this is at the end of our trip so we don't gain all of our weight loss back. We got a big bag for the orphange workers and kids. Masha said we should be able to pick up Nurik after 10 am tomorrow so say a quick prayer for us as you go to bed on Tuesday night (similar time frame). So, we will talk to you all on Monday. Love to all! Karen and Pat

11 comments:

Carrie, Mark & Mikey said...

I can't believe you are *finally* able to have Nick for more than 2 hours at a time!! I feel like it's been forever since you've been waiting, so I can't imagine how anxious you guys must feel! I know it's going to be great to have him with you and be able to start living as a real family!

We are headed to have Mikey's 18 month pictures made...I am not sure the photographers at JC Penney will be able to catch him as he *really* doesn't want to sit in one spot very long. Oh well, maybe we'll call it an "action" shot. Love, the Mungillo family

Beryl & Dave said...

Congrats to both of you - we know that you will both be fantastic parents and that your journey has only begun. How exciting and rewarding your time ahead will be.

You both have the best parents and family for support - which will make the challenges that much easier to handle.

Dave & I can't wait to meet Nurik and are excited for you both to get home and get started.

Anonymous said...

It is finally here!! You will both be wonderful parents. Trust me on this one. Being an OB/GYN nurse, I see some very frightening people that are parents. At times I worry about the future of our children, but then something beautiful like this happens and gives me a renewed sense of hope. My parenting mantra is that God doesn't give me anything I can't handle, and I use it often raising 2 VERY active boys. You will so wonderful! :) All our love!

D. Kelly said...

We are all thinking about you and following your news closely. Nick is very lucky to have you as his parents...he may not tell you that for a few years.

Anonymous said...

You guys are so funny! I have laughed and laughed at your falling stories:) Forgive the really late posting--this computer won't let me get on to post very often for some reason, but I have been reading and loving "hearing" you guys in your writing.

Circle girls all send their love and they are excited for little Nick to come home. We are going to have the next 2 months meetings in homes, so that will be nice.

I can't tell you how many times I have picked up the phone to call you Karen:) Yes, it is probably a good thing as God is teaching me to go to HIM first instead of others.

Things here are pretty much the same. Ryan started training for JC Fire Department and is leaning towards obsession:) No, he is just really enjoying himself. The kids have been sick, but this is the first time all year. We are still slowly working on the house, putting up molding and painting. I think you are now officially updated!

We love you both and will be praying for you tonight and the ones that follow. How fun to finally receive your son and be able to show your love like you want to.

Miss you!

The Douglas Family

Anonymous said...

Hey Pat and Karen,
Oh do I love the picture of Nurik in tights-it made me think of the film robin Hood, men in tights:) He is a cutie as always and I enjoy every picture and cute story:) I hope that Wed went well and that you had a good day together. How awesome to spend the whole day and night all as one family!!!

Pat, your thoughts brought tears to my eyes. You are an excellent role model just how you are and don't need to change. Nurik is lucky to have a father like you. You are so caring and teach by example. you are a lot like Dad and I think that is a great compliment:)

Not much has been happening in WI. Brian is a bit stressed out and overworked. Spring has arrived and everyone wants there landscape design done NOW! He has tons of walkthroughs planned on every side of town and only one person to draw up the plans on the computer. He is looking for another person in the sytem to help with the computer part and will hopefully get a laptop in the future to carry with him to work on the designs and costs when he has down time between walk throughs and is on the east side of town.

I've gotten to do a new treatment this week for a gentleman with hyperhydrosis(sweaty heands). I put his hads in a bucket of water with an electrode and turn up the "juice". Yep-didn't sound wise to me either, but there is a lot of research on it that says it is a good idea. (Kind of reminds me of sitting in a bathtub and letting a running blowdryer fall in). Luckily the patient has good humor about it and we are learning together:)

Well, I look forward to hearing how things are going with Nurik. I love you all!
Auntie Erin

Betsy Kitzman said...

Well, it seems that spring is the season for expanding families. Monday night, my brother and his wife unexpectedly welcomed their twin girls into the world. This was about 3 weeks early, but one twin had started to decline so they needed to deliver early.

So, now we have Katherine (Katie) and Samantha (Sammie). Both girls are still in the NICU but doing well. It turned out that Sammie had formed a shunt with her mom and was losing blood, but she's a real fighter and has made some remarkable improvements over the past 48 hours. This is something that their doctors have not seen before, so the case will probably be written up for one of the medical journals. Shannon should come home this week, but Katie and Sammie will be in for a few weeks more. We are very grateful for their excellent medical team and for God's graciousness.

By the time you read this, Nurik should be at your apartment so congratulations are definitely in order for you as well. It's been very inspiring to read along with your journey. Enjoy all of your moments together -- it might not be coming home from the hospital, but it is coming home as a new family.

Love,
Betsy

Tracey Kitzman said...

Congratulations. So love being able to place entries like "Nick going home w/Pat & Karen" in my calendar. Can't wait to hear how this milestone plays out. It will be wonderful for you to wake up and see Nick - particularly if he sleeps through the night :)

Love,

Tracey

STGerharz said...

Hey guys! I can't wait to hear about your first days in the apartment with your son! I can't imagine the excitement you are both feeling. Tracy and I have been enjoying the pictures of the little guy and look forward to meeting him some day.

The weather is beggining to warm up here. Of course, that means kayaking season! I can't believe how busy I am with Marsh-N-Stream stuff. I spend every day I'm not at the firehouse working on stuff for Marsh-N-Stream. All this and the season doesn't start until May 1!! It's a labor of love though. I'm taking my new employees out for the first time on Sunday. Woohoo!!

Well, that's all for now. I've got to go put the new roof rack on my car, inventory and purchase pfd's, get the insurance mess straightened out with the City of Waukesha, work on our business truck's spare tire mount, etc....

Scott

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! on bringing your son home. I know you both are overwhelmed with emotions. I talked with mom and dad last night and they said they couldn't stand it and called. They were so excited that they could hear Nick's little voice in the background. I'm alittle upset they didn't wait for me. HA! They said he seemed to be very happy. I'm so thankful there wasn't alot of tears. I can't wait to hear your version of the apartment home coming. I want all the details. HA! I'll write more later. Lyndsay and I are off to pick out birthday invitations. I can't believe my baby is going to be 5 years old. The time flies by to quick.
Love ya'll lots,
Kelly & Family

Unknown said...

(Carol)

Wow - you've already been together for a couple days - I hope all is going well and that you are getting used to being a unit. I am sure it will be an adjustment for everyone. Early mornings are so delicious to hang out together.

I think of you often and pray that you continue to grow together as you so obviously are already doing. Pat - your comments really choked me up. What a mensch! (Ask Tracey what that means). You have clearly used your time well. If only all parents would do that introspecting before they have children!

Enjoy - Love, Carol