Monday, March 5, 2007

Court day is here, finally!

We go to court tomorrow at 10am our time which is 9 or 10pm on monday for most of you. We are so ready to get it over with and start our ticking clock to departure. I don't think court will be too intimidating because we have already been asked most of the questions that we will be asked again by the first ladies.

Thanks to all for the comments! We really loved reading them and loved the day to day updates. It gives us something to chat or chuckle about on all of our walks back and forth!
We still have not heard from some of you ..... can you feel the Karen stare thru the blog! Come on guys, you can do it .....enter the internet age and tell us how you are.....Laurie, is Johanna playing volleyball again yet or is it just weightlifting time? How is Geta?
Aunt Julie, did you survive the skiing? Douglas's, are you done with the floor yet??? Lan Chi, are you done with your subjects yet? Lisa C, What is happening on ER? Phoebe or JK, anything exciting on NCIS? AND, JK remember you must be moved out by the time I get home or you are in big trouble! JT, you would get along well here, the are good country type cookers.
And, we are requesting that you upload Heath's performances on YOUTUBE and send! We need a good laugh! And oh would we kill for a Stephanino's or Pirrone's pizza.

Nurik is felling better and we have some good pics to download from today....lots of smiles and you can see his poor little lips. We went shopping with Masha on Saturday and bought him clothes, coat, underwear, shoes and such. We took him his shoes today. He loved them and took them to his group after our time. We are so looking forward to having him at the apartment. We think he kind of dreads the green room and knows exactly almost when 2 hours are up. Today he just started cleaning up when it was about 15 min til 12p. Kind of spooky that he can tell time like that. We only see him every other day after court because that is just this orphanage's rules. I think he will be OK because he seems to do fine after we don't see him on Sundays anyway.

Well, that is about all of the excitement here. It has turned a bit warmer and some of the ice has melted a tad but of course it freezes again over night so ice skating in the morning has become a habit. We are just thankful for your prayers and that it has at least gotten to a tolerable temp...not the freezing of your face and stinging of your eyes, very painful cold. And to the BUNCO girls.....will miss the laughter and friendship much more this month. Yell BUNCO for me someone! and I would love some soup..... although we are quite the RAMEN noodle couple now. All brands, All kinds....we have tried it! We will post hopefully tomorrow after court. LOVE you all ! K-Pat

9 comments:

Carrie, Mark & Mikey said...

I can't believe I got the first comment today! Yeah, me :-) Mark is headed to Atlanta for the SEC tournament early on Thursday morning. And, unfortunately, it's probably NOT going to be the year for the Cats to go all the way. I am not a fair-weather fan, but boy they have been painful to watch at times during the last month! However, he's thrilled to get away from work for a while. Did I tell you he had strep throat about two weeks ago? 101.5 temp and missed two days of work! So I am going to be a true "single mom" for four whole days! Pray for me :-)
On Laurie's behalf, I will tell you that Johanna is planning to play volleyball again (don't know when that starts) and swim again next year, too...didn't think she liked swimming, but there you go. Gita had a test of her hips for possible dysplasia and she's in the 60% percentile, so most likely she'll be fine until old age. Laurie's biggest concern right now is finding a car for Johanna by June and how to pay for it. Also, Ronelle was baptized on Sunday, March 4th. Great News

Lisa C said...

Well, Karen I hope this works, trying to figure it out on my own! We're hanging in here without you. Rebecca has been doing a good job of handling meals and shopping. Little Lisa is pretty self-sufficient herself! I guess we have all been behaving ourselves or trying to. ER will not have any new shows until April now. Nurik is soooo cute! I hope things go well with court today. We really enjoy reading the daily blogs. If this actually goes through I'll have to teach the other girls. Take care, Lisa C

Melissa L. said...

Hello to the family. So great to read the happenings for you guys. The Larmour family is extremely happy for you. We're all doing good here. James has the flu and we're hoping that Claire does not get a case as well or mom and dad. We look forward to meeting the new member of the family this summer. Remember, we have lots of boy toys and clothes. Don't hesistate to ask. We hope all goes well with the court system and you get to have him with you soon at the apartment. Take care and we'll continue to keep you in our prayers. Hey Pat, I let Gretchen at work know about the exciting news for you guys. I hope that was ok. She was asking me the other day at work.

God Bless
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Since we've spoken to you on the phone frequently, we don't have a lot of NEW news. We feel guilty telling you about our beautiful Florida weather. In the 60's and the sun and water are beautiful. We are seeing the most beautiful sunsets! We've been doing a lot of golfing and have been lucky in being paired with very nice people. You know how intimidated I get. I even beat Dad one day, the one and only time, so I'll bask in the win.We walk the beaches each morning, what a treat that is.
we have found such a nice, friendly church. They have really made us feel welcome.
We haven't heard what kind of a time the skiers had this past weekend, but often that is the good news. No accidents!
We took a day trip to Biloxi last week. What devastation, but the people are working hard to get things cleaned up and rebuilt. Checked out a couple casinos, they kept all of our money, which luckily wasn't much. Had a terrible rain storm on the way back, and there were very bad tornadoes all around us. We were both VERY happy to get back home safely.
We think of all of you often, many of our friends keep in touch just to hear about your experiences.
We pray your court appearance goes well, and also hope Nurik is feeling better. The cuddling can't be to difficult to handle. the pictures of all of you together are priceless.
As always, our love. Mom and Dad

Joanne & Andy said...

Hi Karen & Pat,

Just a short note to let you know that my husband Andy & I will be traveling to Zhez. very soon through Adoption Ark. I have enjoyed reading your blog on a regular basis to help me prepare for our trip over. Hopefully we will get to meet you while we are over there. Joanne M.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat and Karen,
Yes, I have beaten the hospital system and found a way to log in without them blocking me--yeah!!!

I am excited for your court date today and amazed at God. I just prayed for a quick court date yesterday and here it is:) You will do great, but I have sent you many prayers anyway:)

Skiing was a blast!! Julie and Dakota couldn't come because they were sick:( We did meet up with Elizabeth, Mike and Eric Eggman, which was fun! Mike's coworker-J-Man was there with his wife, so it was fun to meet him too. I am not sure if Brian had fun, but he is one stubburn guy and I think he did conquer the hill!:)

We started out on the bunny hill and worked on the ski lift. Mike's and his binding caught-oops. Mike fell down right off the lift, but Brian managed to stay up. The lift operator must have dozed off because she kept the lift going and more people kept piling on Mike and falling!! She finally stopped it after 3 pairs of people came through. Quite a site!:) Everyone was ok!

Once my MAN mastered the beginner hills he figured it was time for more of a challenge. We saw an intermediate hill to right and without a map in hand, decided it was a good hill. He made it down, but surprise...it took us to a new chair lift away from everything else. I went to the lift operator and asked if there were any intermediate hills on this chair lift and of course...NO, only expert. He thought I could use a map--he was right:) Well we didn't feel like taking off our skis and climbing up the hill, Brian, the Manly Man that he is is still not ready for a Black Diamond run, so we surveyed the scene. We found that the ski patrol had cut a path through the trees and it appeared to go towards the other hills. Off we went cross country skiing on the treads of a snowmobile:) That is NOT FUN!! We did make it back and it was time for lunch.

After lunch J-man and Mike were sure Brian could ski on the other side of the mountain with all intermediate runs. We got up there and the run "Miricle" was before us. Brian went down and gained speed-well, you can guess what happened. Yes, the snow snake bit him:( He fell, but got back up like a trooper. WE got up teh hill again adn asked what run he wanted to try this time, he said "Miricle!" He did it 9 times in a row until he could go down it without falling!!! That is one determined man!!

Mike and I skied on our own and got in a back bowl of all expert runs. One looked fine from the chairs, but not so once on top! We got off and saw a sign nailed to the tree "Experts only":) We got to the edge and saw the big drop off!! Mike goes, "Well, we're commited now" He got down beautifully. I started to go and built up speed, and more speed, and more... I guess the people on the chair lift were hollering "She is going to crash here!" I didn't fall, but flew past mike hollering "I'm totally out of control!!!!" We had a blast, but were quite beat at the end:)

Well, I am being paged that my patient is here. I love you both very much:)
Love, Erin

Julie, Tim, and Peyton said...

Hello Karen and Pat! Life details, huh? Well, I will start with the fact that I had had just about all I could take of work after being swamped since Jan. 1, so I took a "Julie day" on Friday and went to a new spa in town. Peyton is starting swim lessons at the Y, so I had a bikini wax, then a massage, then pedicure (hurt me, then relax me!). Of couse mom has to be presentable! He had his first lesson on Saturday and he cried the whole time! He loves swimming with the alligators (I have no idea where that came from) in the tub, and he was excited to splash his feet in the water at first, but then complete meltdown! I think it was a combo of not much sleep the night before (he coughed the whole night) and daddy didn't get in with us. We will continue to try and see how things go in the following 7 weeks. Unlike Bobby and Kristina, we don't get date nights, so nothing exciting to report there. Cute Peyton stories (of course!): the other day Peyton said to my parents "Mommy goes to work, and Daddy plays tennis." Of course Tim wasn't too excited about that comment. ;-) Also, Mom and Dad (who keep him on T&TH) had him at Hardees for a special biscuit treat before he got a hair cut, and one of the employees there is African American and in a wheel chair. Peyton shouted "Peyton is white and he is black!" and started singing Jesus Loves the Little Children. Kind of embarrassing, but at least he followed up with the song that gave him the thought. I had to take him to the Dr. today because he has been coughing for 4-5 weeks now. He is having asthma symptoms, so this means we have to have a huge contraption/mask to put over his face with a chamber to get Albuterol into his system. Pray for us that he will not go too balistic (he won't take liquid medicine...it ends up all over Mommy and none in his tummy). So, Karen, if your nanny training can help with any of that, please let me know. The Bunco girls will miss you this week, but we will be saying extra special prayers for you all. I am so glad Nurik has a Momma and Papa to comfort him in this time of illness. I know it isn't fun for any of you, but what a special way to bond! He knows you are going to be there to hold him and make him feel better. God is so good! I don't even want to talk about the Cats, so I guess I will end now. Keep those beautiful pictures coming (they don't all seem alike to us!). It is wonderful to see your family growing and bonding. Peyton can now say Nurik's name and likes to look at his pictures. We love reading your blogs daily.

Love and safety to you all,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Hi-it is me again. I guess I have become the official person to pass on news from the relatives. Does that make me a prophet?:) Maybe more of a scribe:)

Anyway...Carol wrote: "I am really enjoying reading about your adventure. I am having trouble commenting-my neighbor set up a google account on my computer when hers was down, and now it won't let me set up my own at this emial address! She's out of town, so I haven't been able to get her password-when I do, I will just use her account.

I have friends here who adopted two boys from Russia, so they are very keen to hear about your progress-the process is a bit different.

It was 88 degrees here today! Actually, it's a bit uncomfortable, but ever so much better than snow-or being stuck in the snow."

Looking forward to reading your next posting and hearing how your court appearance was:) Give Nurik a snuggle and kiss on the cheeks for me when you see him next:) I hope he starts feeling better soon!
Love, Erin-the scribe

Anonymous said...

We are lifting you all up in prayer as you are probably in Court as I'm typing. I pray all goes smooth. Mom and Dad said they talked to ya'll the other night. I'm upset because they said they were going to wait until after Court so we could talk too. Daddy just couldn't wait. Ha!

I sure wish you could of been home to help me clean out shelves and put new contact paper down today. Remember now everything was washed before it went back up. The guys are suppose to come tomorrow and put the tile down. If they don't I think I'll buy a ticket to KY and wait for ya'll there. Ha! Ha! There is so much to do still but we'll have to take it one room at a time. Enough about that! How is Nick feeling? Hope he is better. The only other news I know is Uncle John had surgery today where they killed the nerve in his back. We haven't heard how that went. Hopefully, it was successful. Well, I better go and get some rest before it gets any later. Can't wait to hear from you and see the pictures.
Love, Kelly & Family