Tuesday, March 27, 2007


Nick's first Nap at the apartment. Papa has the touch.




This is the day we left the orphanage. Dr. Roza is holding Nick.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys!
Wow, a man that cleans like that can go far in the world:) I am delighted by his cleaning stories expecially because I am a clean freak. I hope that he does his little inspection again so that you can catch it on film. I would love to see it. I wonder what other things they had the kids do at the orphanage. Did they have them do any exercise or play? Any reading or special learing/play time? Ponderous.

I am sad to hear about his night terrors. How aweful! You must feel so helpless as a parent! I truley hope that these end quickly!!

Karen, I hope that you are healing up and that your antibiotics are kicking in. I just went to the doctor a second time to learn that not only do I have a sinus infection, but a GI bug jumped onboard-yeah! The antibiotics he gave me our the thoughest class and I already feel the difference after 1 day. I wish I could ship them over, but then we would have 2 half-well people:)

Karen, I also thought of you because there is a new Bachlor coming out. This one is a surgeon who is also in the military. They are calling it "Bachlor-Officer and a Gentleman". He is pretty hunky when his hair is normal, but when he combs it back, for the formal wear he looks a bit dorky. Good set of abs and well...the rest of him:) You will have to get home soon because the first one starts on Mon. Brian laughs saying "Why don't they pick an average guy?" I told him in the beginning there were semiaverage guys, but as the seasons pass they need to find something to keep the viewers watching and I think I might just watch this season for this guy:)

I hope all is well and I look forward to your next blog. Hang in there:)
Love Auntie Erin

Anonymous said...

Luckily we haven't had any night terrors yet. I think because Ethan is so overly active when he is awake (he goes a million miles an hour from 5 AM until 6 PM) that when he falls asleep, he absolutely collapses.

Hopefully the cleaning infatuation will last. My boys absolutely love to help. Aidan loves laundry at this point. It is hilarious to see him carry a laundry basket that is as tall as he is. Ethan was watching him and said "He is really strong!" Ethan is my vacuum man. I love it because it keeps them busy for awhile and actually does some good.

Good luck on the restaurant visit. Our boys keep us guessing if it will be good meal or a disaster. You can't predict it either. They might be crabby, but the minute they get inside everything changes. Sadly, the opposite is also true! :)

All our love and prayers. Paul says a big hello!

Anonymous said...

Hello K, P & N,
How are ya'll doing? I hope you are feeling better. How's Pat feeling? Have you all heard any more news on when you get to start back?

Can you ask Dr. Rosa about Nick's night terrors? Maybe she can give some advice on what to do. I don't think we have ever experienced night terrors. We did take Zach to the ER one night because he was crying uncontrolable. Being first time parents we(I) freaked out. Once we got there, it was like he was awake and was just fine. We never went in. I pray that Nick doesn't have them everynight. I wish I was there to help. Hang in there!

Love to all,
Kelly & Family

andrea said...

Okay...hopefully this will work this time...the last time I tried was on the cruise ship and after spending a half hour writing a comment, their screwy computers wouldn't let me post it. Luckily I had my digital camera with me so I took pictures of the entire message and am now typing it over again...arrgh:)

So, here is the original message:
Hola from Puerto Montt! So sorry that it has taken me so long to finally post a comment...I have been dying to read your blog but the little time that I have had to check emails on this trip I have been bogged down just responding to emails from family and friends...well, Karen, I know that you know how it is;) We became very good travel buddies. The kids are up in the fun zone right now performing in the talent night so I have spent the last 40 minutes or so catching up on all of your posts...WOW...what a fantastic adventure you two (well, now three) are on together! I was very excited to see Flat Stanley in some of the pics...I guess Ellie should be doing that next year? I need to get the kids down here to the internet cafe so that they can see the "tickle monster" post:) Nurik is such a cutie...and I love the name, especially the meaning behind it! I really empathized with you on the whole packing, weight limits, restrictions, etc. ordeal, but you have had lots of practice and are an old pro by now, so I'm sure that the whole thing would have been much more disastrous for anyone else. I'm glad that the bonding is progressing so well...I find this whole adoption/integration process fascinating...I had no idea how much work went into it. Ellie keeps talking about how excited she is to babysit for your little boy! We have been having a pretty good trip, but it has been a bit nightmarish trying to get the boys to do their homework on the trip....understandable, they feel like they are on vacation. Today the kids had fun at a farm that we visited where they could actually run around, swing, go down slides, and they even had a zip line-- there were also alpacas and a South American version of the ostrich. Ellie is so funny...she has been so excited about the fun zone on the ship...she received an itinerary at the beginning of the cruise that detailed all of the activities each day and circled almost every one...she has had a blast and made so many friends...none of whom speak English...but now everywhere we go, on the ship or in ports, people say hi to her...little miss popular! The boys were very please that the ship has an arcade and have been burning through their tokens each day. We have seen and done some pretty cool things from seeing the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro to tango dancers in Buenos Aires to penguins in the Falkland Islands to riding a chair lift in Punta Arenas. Only two more days to go and then we will be back in the good ol USA. Good luck with everything over there...I can't wait to read more about your adventures! Congratulations on your fun, smart, cute little boy Karen and Pat!!! Can't wait to meet him:) Love you! -Andrea


Okay, as you well know, that was written almost a month ago now...man, time is flying. We are now getting ready to leave again on Friday to go to Vero Beach for the kids' Spring Break. I feel like I am always packing or unpacking...
I've been very busy since we've been back trying to help Marla get the kids' new rooms all set up...you won't believe it when you get back...the boys' rooms look so grown-up and Ellie's is just beautiful! Hopefully I can catch some time this week to catch up on your postings...I'm also working on trying to upload a lot of my photos from the trip onto my Flickr account so that friends and family can view them...I'll email you an invite when I get that project finished. Well, it's getting late so I'd better get some rest...I've said some prayers for you and I hope that all is well...miss you! love, Andrea

P.S. Hi from Alex, Will, and Ellie!!!