Seems that the blog site does not want to accept pictures now. If anyone (BJ) wants to check with the blogger website people to figure out why it is not accepting our pics now, that would be awesome.
We saw Nurik this afternoon and as always with afternoon visits, he is still waking up after getting his nap disturbed....not always a happy camper. We could hear him crying down the hall today but surprising how a little piece of candy can change your whole attitude! ;) He proceeded to eat our candy and Masha's candy as well as tried a whole apple from Masha. He wasn't too sure about the apple but after Papa took a bite then he felt it was safe to try. He ate about half and then decided he didn't like peel so much and started spitting that out and then decided it was too much effort......like his mama in that way.
We have now found an almost snow free path so the funny stories may subside for a bit......Masha told us that it is supposed to get really cold late next week so I guess we will go subzero again.....oh joy! We only have two more green room visits and boy are we ready to get them over with. I think we get just as grumpy as Nurik when we enter that room. It will be so much more fun to play with him at the apartment where we all can breath.
We did find out that the other family that was coming here was re-routed to Karaganda. We were kind of bummed because we were looking forward to a little company but we get Nurik next week so we will survive.
Sorry, we have no pics again. We are bummed too. We will head back to the apartment now for our Loooong evening of Russian tv. I am working on a puzzle....it is really old and blurry ...not sure where the store found this one but it was the only one we found at the time. Pat is trying to work on some grant stuff just so he won't go too crazy. This is the longest he has ever been away from work since grad school (minus the PT internships). He is having some withdrawal issues.
We did have one nice surprise today when we went to the Samsa (hot pocket) shop and they were just bringing the samsas out of the oven. We were so happy! We ate one on the way home before we hit the icy part of course. We don't get hot food from shops usually because it has been sitting on the counter all day (which is why we do cheese!) and we don't really have an oven because there is no rack. We just sit things on the floor of the oven if we want them heated....yum, yum. Luckily, as we may have told you already, Masha helped us find tin foil.
We don't have many pots or pans (one small one of each) either so that is why we eat so many Ramen noodles. Just add water and eat!
Have a good Thursday everyone. Thanks to Phoebe for the comment. You and Lisa are my computer techies. SO Proud! Keep them coming and get my other email from Linda and email me about work....I would love any new info coming our way. Love to all! Karen and Pat
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
We're all packed up and leaving our winter condo. We're so looking forward to seeing family at Disney., Yes, we remembered our gift certificates. thanks again.
I do believe you rate a special oscar for the latest fall. You have been so lucky not breaking any bones.
Our prayers continue to go your way.
Love you all. Mom and Dad
K-Pat,
I'm so glad you can keep you humor in all of this...I would not be able to in such cold temps...I'm a whimp! I do love your "ice" stories, though.
Karen, you were the topic of conversation at Bunco on Friday. Of course at that time there had been no posts since Tuesday, so we were all venting our frustration in not knowing what was going on. I don't know what the "bunco girls" are going to do for fun and suspense when you finally come home and there is not blog post awaiting us most mornings. ;-) Gina fixed a wonderful "Bali meal" as her mom calls it. It reminded me a lot of something you would cook up, so I thought of you even more.
Weather here in KY is typical...70 yesterday and 48 currenlty with temps dropping throughout the day, and of course I got a sinus infection to go along with it.
I just came from the dr. and coming through downtown was fun with all the game traffic already impacting the city. campus is pretty dead (spring break for students and faculty) with half of the staff heading to Chicago to cheer on the Cats. This is the least excited I have ever been in my life entering March Madness. It is frustrating being a Cats fan this year, but I got practice throughout NFL season cheering on our Bears. Maybe the Cats will get as lucky and make it to the big game, but I won't hold my breath. We have converted Peyton from the No Colts. Go Bears! cheer to C-A-T-S cats, cats, cats! I'm sure Nurick will catch on quickly to life in Lexington. We will be sure to stock you up on UK outfits and little basketballs. The big controversy here is a statement made last month by Mitch Barnhart that didn't completely sound as if Tubby would be back next year. Of course half the fans are calling for Tubby to go (what's new), and the other half just shake their heads trying to figure out what has happened to our team. Well, now Mitch is saying "Tubby is our coach." and something like we will work together to get through this season and ensure next season is better. It doesn't sound like Tubby will go, but if I were an assistant I would be very nervous about now. It will be interesting to see how the local news covers Pitino and the Cardinals being in town.
As for my Bears, we lost 3 of our defensive starters yesterday and rumor is that 2 of the offensive starters want to leave. I'm not sure why anyone would want to leave a program that has taken such a quick turn around, made it to the Super Bowl, and only promises to be better. I hope we do well in the draft this year.
I suppose after this weekend we can start talking about UK football because KY will most likely (if the beat Villanova) play Kansas (#1). Go Rich Brooks!
Well, I could write all day with my sports commentaries, but I guess I need to get some work done while it is quiet around here. Please be sure to let us know your ETA back in Lexington. "The girls" have some things planned that will require such information. As always, we miss you and pray for you daily. BTW, I read many books while I was pregnant on parenting, but none of them prepared me to parent a toddler, so we are probably reading the same books right now! It is a struggle to keep a straight face because they are just so darn cute when they are being naughty! You will work through it and body language and facial expressions are the same in any language. We have found that time outs work best for Peyton and he respects the authority. We are sure to express to him that we don't like his actions, but we love him unconditionally. Keep on trying different things until you find what will work for Nurick. It is tough to discipline when you have raised him from birth, I can't imagine trying to discipline while trying to build a trusting relationship. God will show you the way...don't lose site of that.
Bests to you all,
Julie
Hey dudes. Sorry it has been so long since I've posted. We were without a computer for 10 days! I can't believe how I missed it. It was really quite pathetic. Now we have a wonderful new one though and are back in business. (Had to get rid of that obsolete, six year old, one.
I am heading to Kentucky this weekend! Sue, Jenny and I have rented a cottage near Somerset for Friday and Saturday night. It will just be the three of us and we have dubbed it "Super Sib Weekend". We hope it will be the first annual super sib weekend. We just want to get together, without the distraction of spouses and kids, and have fun talking about old times. (I'm not even going to try to spell remininscing!) Of course we will play lots of music, dance and act foolish too. We are Gerharz's after all.
While we are in KY, Tracy is taking the girls to the Mall of America! So anyone out there reading this, please send money, we are going to need it! (Just kidding.) They should have a blast, and that's one trip I don't mind missing. Kelly and Christy are both doing great in school and this will be a reward for them. They are both on the honor roll. This is a particularly great achievement for Christy because it's not as easy for her as it is for Kelly. Kelly was inducted into the junior honors society this week and is getting straight A's. (She must have gotten an overload of Tredupp genes.) We are very proud of both of them.
The new Marsh-N-Stream Kayak Outings season is approaching. We have hired two employees. We hired one woman and one man out of 18 candidates. We had no idea during the hiring process, but we found out later that they have been dating for four years! How crazy is that. I spent the day with them on Sunday (at a huge canoe and kayak expo in Madison) and they are really great people. I think we are going to have another awesome year. We will be going kayaking together for the first time on the 25th. I hope the rivers are open by then!
Hope this finds you well. I am excited for you at the prospect of getting Nurik to your appartment. Good luck and have fun!
Later Mashed-Potaters!
Scott
Hey Kitzmans (or Kitzmens?), or the falling Wallendas?. Sorry to hear about your falls, but would we really expect anything less from a Kitzman. As noted by your parents Pat, at least you're not breaking anything.
Sorry it's been awhile since I've written, no internet at home since he had to move the computer desk since the house is back up for sale.
Yes all of the painting is done.
Hope all is well. Stay on your feet.
kjs
Karen; thought you might like to know Lisa won the Red Dragon on Mahjong. No one was here to see it; so does it count. Karen; no Sudoko left & Pat must really be bored if he's working on a grant. You asked about NCSI; they've been reruns; so nothing new to report. I was thinking; you'll really have some stories to tell; when Nurik is older. He'll know how special he is. You all need to try & stay upright; I'd hate for Nurik to have to push you off the plane in a WC. God bless & keep you safe.
Phoebe
Crack me up! I was in tears laughing so hard reading your stories about the ice capades. I am one of those crazy people too that laugh at some falls. I was getting the visual in my head, I can only imagine. I do hope you aren't too sore. As for Arizona, I can't beleive part of my job is to be in an outdoor pool 2 days a week. I mean seriously. Things are good. It is a mini-heat wave here. Record setting this weekend, near 100°. AZ doesn't do the daylight savings time thing, so it is getting light really early now. So on the weekend we may try to do our hiking early to prevent the sweat-a-thon. It really is different from KY, no humidity, like around 10-20%, 90-95 here is perfect! Ray has a final exam tomorrow, then starts another class Monday. No rest for the wicked. We miss you guys and are glad to hear you are hanging in there. The countdown is on...almost home with your son.
Love,
Smetz
Post a Comment